Senior Citizen Discount
IMPLEMENTING RULES AND REGULATIONS OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9994, ALSO KNOWN AS THE "EXPANDED SENIOR CITIZENS ACT OF 2010," AN ACT GRANTING ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AND PRIVILEGES TO SENIOR CITIZENS, FURTHER AMENDING REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7432 AS AMENDED BY REPUBLIC ACT 9257 OF 2003
Kinsa ang Senior Citizen ?
Those Filipino citizen residing in Philippines , ages 60 years and above including dual citizens who have resided in Philippines for six (6) months .
Privileges for Senior Citizen from Utility Services
Article 12 section 1. Five (5%) discount – the grant of at least 5% DISCOUNT ON MONTHLY ELECTRIC POWER CONSUMPTION of every household where a senior citizen resides ;however, the KWH meter /Account mst be registered to the senior citizen . The discount shall apply only the monthly consumption not exceeding 100 KWH. The said privilege can be availed only by one household regardless of the number of senior citizens residing therein.
STEP TO AVAIL OF DISCOUNT
- Apply PERSONNELLY O THROUGH A REPRESENTATIVE . Get a form at Institutional Services department or download online .The availment of discount shall be renewed yearly.
- Submit the following:
- SENIOR CITIZEN ID (or any valid proof of age and citizenship)
- OFFICIAL RECEIPT of ELECTRIC BILL. The bill shall be under the name of Senior Citizen.
- AUTHORIZATION LETTER if applied through a representative
- One year RECORD OF BILLING under the name of the Senior Citizen